Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vulcan Mind Meld

Good or bad?

Oh, goodness ... I can see how it might be used for good, but the temptation to use it for bad would be too great. I know I couldn't handle it. The only thing that would keep me from getting into immediate trouble with it is that it only seems to work by physical contact. If we simplify this to being to read minds ... there's no chance whatever I'd use that for good. None. You might as well put a loaded gun in my hand.

Would you want the ability?

It might be interesting to probe the mind of my cat to see what's going on in there. If Spock could probe the Horta -- a silicone based life form ("Damnit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer.") then certainly a cat is probe-able.

To be able to probe the mind of Lisa to really find out what she's thinking? That's like taking a big gamble, isn't it?

No comments: