Tuesday, September 05, 2006

If we REALLY believed

If I were to do that then my parents, who depend on my financial support, would be put into great hardship. Do you believe that is what Jesus would have me do?

Yep. Matthew 19:21

Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."

If you did so wouldn't you just know that Jesus would look after your folks? That's real trust. Just like not needing insurance. But in actual fact I'm not suggesting for one moment you start wearing the sack-cloth and walking out on your responsibilities. I don't plan to walk out on mine - which is why I don't really believe and am a hypocrite.

  1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
Me.

+++

To be able to read others minds or hear their thoughts? I definitely wouldn't like it all. As for reading the minds of animals, someone once asked, "If a lion could speak English could we understand what it was saying?" The someone was trying to get across the point that the mind of a lion was so alien that we couldn't comprehend it. Then again, how could a mind so incompatible to ours learn to speak one of our languages? :-)

No comments: