Sunday, September 24, 2006

Reach up

Hey buddy how are you doing?

I'm not sure of the origin of that quote about loving people rather than things, it was part of someone's email closing on a chess forum, I did a search for it - one site said it was of "unknown origin".

It's difficult to follow the sentiment expoused, I look around and I see so much pain in the world and it's all caused by people. I'd like to somehow take my daughter to some other planet and live with a bunch of aliens who are further down the track than us. Look at us, we forms groups and then argue over who is right and then we try to kill eachother. Ridiculous. And we are so weak and dependent on one another for things - we're just like children, we have the opportunity to look at the stars and we just look in the gutter.

What was it Oscar Wilde said?

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”


I don't want to be in the gutter anymore, but I'm stuck here for now.

Sorry slightly depressed about people tonight.

+++

Croatia was great ! I got interviewed on national TV (like BBC1 or ABC) and by a business magazine. My presentation was well received and my customer meetings were 100% successful. So now I can die knowing that I had the perfect business trip :-)

I'm around this week and then off to New York next week, ho hum, dreaming of retirement.

No comments: