Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Going Nuts

No you're not. I know, because I'm already there. And you're not where I am in terms of being crazy. :-)

* * *
It is interesting ... when you read the Gospel accounts, and even the Epistles ... there's very little evidence of any call for "organized religion." Certainly Jesus never mentions organizational structure or worship liturgy. Even Paul's writings have little more than basic organizational things related to keeping the whole thing from becoming a disorganized farce.

We humans seem to have a desire or need to impose our structure on things. God's instructions are so much simpler:
  1. Love me first -- put me at the center of your life. I'll take care of you.
  2. Use the peace you receive from me to extend peace and joy to others.
Grace and peace, brother.

No comments: