Sunday, September 10, 2006

Chip Butties

No I don't think you were sloppy at all, and even in your revised text I am not sure if Lewis started with trying to get an agreed definition for what a "miracle" actually is? In both posts you mention that he starts with "Can miracles occur?" But first we need to know what a miracle actually is and I posit my definition as previously posted as a straw man.

In the, can I say with his recent antics, now-suspected-to-be-deliberately-anti-semitic movie by Mel Gibson, The Passion of The Christ when Jesus replaces a centurions ear in the Garden is this a miracle (if it happened?) By my definition it is only a miracle if the origin of the replacement was rooted in something outside of the spacetime of our Universe. If it was rooted in some advanced technology then by my definition it is not a miracle, but is indistinguishable from one by Clarke's Third Law as modified by Deep Thought. Was Lewis discussing those two different types of "miracle" in his book do you know?

+++

I have been reading about the constitution of the good nation you reside in - fascinating. I didn't realise just how many ammendments there were (27) and that there was only four years between the constitution being established and the first ammendment. I guess things that are taught in first grade in america but pretty alien over here, where we learn about chip buttys instead :-)

+++

Oh and nice pics.

No comments: