Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Utility of religion

Giving our wealth to a religion or The Church is the last thing I am suggesting, God is above all religions. There will always be innocent people that these pariahs prey on.

Note: Again these people who prey off innocent folk are also the type that would not like to be preyed upon. And are therefore (in my defintion) "evil" - this definition is the only one I am comfortable with by the way. (evil = treating others as you would not like to be treated, in my book, at the moment).

I'm using Bible quotes not because I believe them, but to remind me of how far away I am from following them, and it gets harder to ever believe that I will follow them as my actions take me elsewhere. I also use them in the hope that your good self or someone may say what they really mean. But either I am not listening or I just don't get it - because the counter arguments do not ring true to my ear, more proof that I need more brainwashing.


  1. Matthew 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
  2. Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
  3. Luke 18:25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
There are many possible counters against these, "I'm not really rich compared to some folk", or "It's not easy but possible to go to Heaven ...", "My other stuff is great so I am going to Heaven.." etc etc. They all fail to actually look at the words and see what Jesus is really telling them, because they like being wealthy, they think "I like my position, I like being a Christian, so there must be some other explanation to these Bible quotes".

I'd very likely tell a new seeker to avoid all organized religions at all costs.

Agree about Nehru's suits.

No comments: