Sunday, September 17, 2006

Growth

So it will be difficult for a Church-goer to see any growth in my relationship with Him.

But that doesn't preclude growth in your relationship, merely that church-goers will see it. I'm sympathetic to your view of the ordinary church-goer. Really, I am. I'm fighting the desire to condemn because there's too much of them in me. "Judge not" and all that.

It made me sad because I'd hate to see either one of us be satisfied with where we are in our relationship with the Lord. I've seen precious few real Christians, but of the few I've seen the picture is truly and utterly compelling -- as if the glory that is God shines from them.

* * *
I am off to Columbus, Ohio myself. Good luck in Croatia; me in Columbus.

* * *
When I was a youngster, my favorite sports team was the University of Michigan football team. Yesterday they beat the "Fighting Irish" of Notre Dame 47-21. Thrashed 'em. :-)

No comments: