Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Service Oriented Architecture is inevitable

Sir, I very much enjoyed your last post (Technology is Crack) and it very much resonated with my own views in this area.

With regards to what to chose to avoid becoming a hungry lion, I think "SOA" and "ESB" might be pretty good ideas, maybe not the latter - because that depends on java. But one can certainly implement an SOA entirely in .NET.

I think the real battle in this area is between java and .NET.

I believe that eventually all IT resources will become a set of loosely coupled services.

It's no better than green screens, but then again it still takes the same time to get across London as it did 100 years ago, so I wouldn't expect it any other way.

1 comment:

James McGovern said...

Have you ever looked at the open source ESB ServiceMix (servicemix.codehaus.org)?