Sunday, December 25, 2005

For Unto Us ...

Merry Christmas to you, my brother. I trust this day finds you well, and that the grace and peace of Christ is with you in full measure!

* * *
Last night the three of us -- me, Lisa and her mother -- went to the 9:00pm Christmas Eve service at St. Andrew's Presbyterian here in Tucson. Last year, in the "old" sanctuary, the crowd was overflowing and to be assured of seating required one to be present at least 1/2 hour before the start of the service. This year, in the "new" sanctuary, which is much larger, it required no such advanced arrival. But I didn't know that. So I insisted we arrive 1/2 hour early, only to mean we sat around for 1/2 hour. It does figure! :-)

* * *
America is addicted to electronic gadgets. But I'm not sure it's just us. When I was over in Sweden back in -- oh, when was that ... 2000? -- I was stunned at how wide-spread the use of cell phones was. In that respect, Europe was out front of America.

Fusion reactors by 2016? What technological breakthrough do they expect that will permit this? It's my understanding that today the impediment is that it requires enormous energy to produce the fusion, making commercial production not feasible.

Do you remember the "Cold Fusion" hype of the 1980's? This isn't like that, is it?

Do you feel there will be an outcry over the use of fusion technology from environmentalist and the like? There is no byproduct of fusion, is there ... other than water?

* * *
No reindeer crap in my yard. The coyotes would get 'em before they had a chance to do their business. :-)

No comments: