Thursday, December 08, 2005

The IQ Virus

You have multiple of those genes, pal ... :-)

* * *
I think intelligence is fundamentally genetic, but can be hindered or fostered based on upbringing. There's no question in my mind that I am stymied due to the relatively poor education I received. Had I been raised in a good old-fashioned English boarding school of the 1930's, where I would learn the classics as well as get buggered senseless each day, I'd be a completely different person today.

* * *
Cool news about the reovirus. They'd better be darn certain that virus can't "go rogue" and start attacking normal cells.

What's amusing is that there are people who will applaud this development, yet lament genetically modified corn. The distinction between the two, in terms of "human hands altering the design of nature," is not that great.

* * *
Last day in NYC ... say goodbye to the Big Apple.

No comments: