Friday, December 02, 2005

Loving the Unloveable

You wrote:
You can stand someone who is sick right?

Well ... that's hard for me. Without going into a lot of personal detail, I was raised by a woman who was -- and is -- very, very sick. There is a depth of selfishness and manipulation the likes of which I've never seen.

I'm well aware of this not in keeping with the example set by Christ our Saviour.

I'm aware of the specifics of your example. It's an awful situation -- I know from experience. But as I've said before, the key there is for you to be the anchor. Or, to put it into chess terms, you need to be that pawn at Q4 or K4 that buggers up the whole board! :-)

Note: on my death bed, some 50 years from now if the Lord grants me that much time, I will mutter something like, "That pawn ... that pawn ... damn that pawn." One lousy piece ... it's ability to move hindered ... effectively freezing the onslaught that was to be my offensive campaign. My bishops, rooks and knights arrayed ready for battle. And one lone pawn, steadfast in the middle, frustrated the ambitions of an empire! You broke me of chess ... you know that, don't you? :-)

Look ... I'm aware that of all the challenges laid out before us by Jesus, "loving your enemy" is probably the longest stretch. I'm doing well if I can simply cease from criticizing, which in the case of Mr. Moore I failed at. Perhaps in many cases "loving your enemy" can be something as simple as "if afforded the opportunity to attack your enemy ... don't." ???

No comments: