Friday, December 30, 2005

My family

The main problem with my family is my father. He had a very tough childhood, where he was beaten regularly. I think he lost his faith in mankind then and never managed to regain it. He's still an adolescent, he never grew up. I love him dearly but my what a difficult character. To him, everything is a conspiracy theory.

My twin sisters are now 27, so they are just beginning to realize that the negativity and mistrust that they were subjected to (no physical violence) as children has had a big impact in the making of their characters. My other two sisters and myself realized this around 15 years ago when we were of that age, and have been trying to make amends ever since.

My dad never had any formal education, no qualifications, spent all of his working life laying floors. But he's not a simple chap, I think he has a mild form of whatever Nash had as portrayed in the biopic movie "A Beautiful Mind" - imaginary theories and plots everywhere.

But it's funny, my dad is always right, he never has any proof or any measurable arguments to back up his points - but he is always right nontheless.

I love my parents, some children lose a parent, or both parents, so I count myself lucky. I really hope that they don't have to bury me, it's so true that no parent should have to bury their child. So when I go home it's all celebrations because I am still here, but then dad drinks too much, and tells us all how stupid "they" are ("they" being anyone but him), and we have to cater to him.

For the past ten years I really have tried to help him, but he won't recognize his condition, always being right means that he doesn't have to.

Ah, families, gotta love 'em :-)

+++

Is that ultimately a product of the fallen nature of man?

Well I am sure it is. It's not perfect is it? And any imperfections only exist as a result of the fall.

+++

Sorry to hear that your family is all holed up in their ivory towers, we only have one life on this Earth after all. How does God want us to treat eachother? There is that love word again. Perhaps we can love from afar. I think so.

No comments: