Thursday, December 29, 2005

If A, then "Monkey Man"

I suspect I like "Monkey Man" soley because of my mental image of that "grizzled rock genius" Richards playing the riff. The riff is actually quite simple. It's all about the attitude, man.

* * *
"The Edge" as greatest guitarist is hard to support. I'm sure even he would agree with that. He doesn't appear to try to be anything other than what he is. I like not only his playing, but also his demeanor, what little I know of it.

* * *
Yes, we all need healing. We all go through some damaging time during our development, some more than others. Is that ultimately a product of the fallen nature of man?

What would you say is the essential issue with your family? Lack of closeness? Open hostility?

For my family it's definitely lack of closeness. We all developed behind multiple protective walls. So today we are like a group of "city-states" of old: all walled up, with watches cautiously looking out over the thick stone wall.

* * *
I will maintain -- now and forever -- that the mystery of quantum behavior does not change the fundamental assertion:
If God exists, then God exists

I suppose the key to that is the term "exists." In the realm of quantum reality, something may "exist" and "not exist" at the same time. I suppose that's your point. But God, by definition, is not of our reality; he exists outside, or above, quantum behavior. Or he doesn't exist at all.

I fully realize I can't "prove" any of those assertions.

That's the beauty of 'blogs ... if it's typed here, it's true.

No comments: