Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Human drivers

You wrote:

Why bother thinking any more?

Excellent, now we are getting somewhere! A very very good question. Why should we bother with anything?

My answer is: I do not know.

I am driven by things which I do not understand. These things create needs that I have to fulfil. One need is to seek. To seek I need to think, another need is to care for my daughter, another one is to love and another to be loved etc etc etc.

I don't know where these drivers come from. Perhaps between us we can work it out? And work it out in a way for all religions and beliefs? Those who believe in YHWH and those who do not, those who believe in natural selection and those who do not, etc.

To really answer the question of purpose, to answer the question of why? I need more information. Either someone needs to slip me the answer or I need to go out and measure it. My prediction is that I'll get better information from those who have gone out and measured stuff from those who sit in a room thinking up stuff.

I do not even know what is driving me to ask "why?"

No comments: