Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Chess Boxing

Thoughts on this?

Generally I am in favour of the idea. But there could be some short matches, it can take a long time for some physically lightweight guy to beat a muscle man at chess but not long for the muscle man to punch the lights out on the lightweight guy.

So I think the sport would need weight categories, like in normal boxing.

But wouldn't it be satisfying to have a punch up with some *** who just swindled you out of a piece? I think it could work. Our warring nature on two fronts.

I sense shades of Cartesian Dualism (Duelism ? :-) in the two sides of human nature being exposed here, brains against brawn, beauty and the beast, the yin and the yang etc. Should be a winner.

Many thanks indeed for bringing this to my attention !

No comments: