Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Healing

It occurs to me that we are all in search of some kind of healing, some of us more than others. I think possibly this is another reason why the promise offered by God and Jesus is so attractive.

Imagine if you would, an adult who feels that as a child he or she was severly let down by his or her parents. Such an individual could possibly have an inherent lack of trust of those around them, and could possibly pass on their neuroses to their offspring.

Perhaps our greatest challenge as a race, is to recognize the cause of our lack of trust, recognize it, allow for it, let it wash over us, and in doing so, heal ourselves.

You can tell I've been to visit my folks :-) Two of my sisters were there also and I lifted up a prayer of healing for my family because it needs it. I haven't seen my niece Jasmin since she was maybe 3 months old, now at three years, a surprisingly bright and engaging kid, I wonder what she'll end up doing?

+++

Ah The Colour Purple, what a movie. Notice how the R and the B match the K and the M? Is this the dual nature of addition and subtraction?

+++

Keith Richards is a grizzly rock genius (I mean, just look at him). I will check out Monkey Man again. The Edge has been voted the best guitarist in the world by one poll, I am not sure I would agree with that, clearly that title should be bestowed on slowhand. Whom I saw in concert with Cream last year, I never knew a guitar could do that live.

And Stairway is enormous.

+++

I've seen "Be Cool" and "Cinderella Man" too now. Both excellent movies.

No comments: