Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sequoia Redux

In April 2005 I wrote in a post on this page that I liked the word Sequoia, and today I found out that it is the shortest word in English that contains all of the vowels. Nice.

You wrote:

I can't prove the Bible is inerrant or infallible or whatever; nobody else can either.

The Bible has proved to me that it is contradictory, to me and to me only, I speak for no-one else.

I'm a better person for investing at least some trust in the Bible.

SOME trust I agree.

Note: Yes, I believe "faith in Christ" is a function of "trust in Bible." I know you don't.

I don't think a perfect being like Christ is being done justice by The Bible. I really do believe that He would be disappointed in it, and in the behaviour of many modern Christians.

I would like to say to anyone reading that if you don't like organized religion then do not worry, faith in God is still possible without The Church. God is above all religions. Don't turn away from God just because of the failed human reaction to Him. Trust in Him and you will be transformed. You know who He is.

On the other hand, if you ARE happy with your Church and get something out of it - then all power to you.

The only thing I would ask any human to do is to be reasonable.

+++

Many thanks indeed for your prayers brother. I think that they're keeping me going. Thank you.

No comments: