Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jesus and Scripture

You wrote:
I don't think a perfect being like Christ is being done justice by The Bible. I really do believe that He would be disappointed in it, and in the behaviour of many modern Christians.
Two points:
  • The New Testament gives no indication that Jesus was disappointed by Scripture that existed at that time. In fact, he used it quite heavily to justify himself.
  • Being disappointed in Scripture and being disappointed in the behaviour of many modern Christians is two different things, wouldn't you agree? I'd disagree with the first part of your assertion; I'd heartily agree with the second.
If it's worth anything to you, I sense there's a growing awareness of the "lostness" of today's church and today's Christians. It's subtle and not at all organized, but there's something going on.

No comments: