Saturday, June 10, 2006

300 Mile Ride

Today I did a 300 mile ride on my motorcycle. If you go to Virtual Earth or Google Earth, you can see the route:
  • Tucson
  • Sells (to the west of Tucson, out AZ-86 in the Tohono O'odham Indian nation)
  • Why
  • Ajo (on AZ-85, just north of Why)
  • Gila Bend (north of Ajo, where AZ-85 intersects with Interstate 8)
  • East to where I-8 joins up with I-10
  • Then home to Tucson
Some observations:
  • I'm tired -- that took 6 hours and it's a longer six hours than in the car
  • It was hot (100 degrees) and pretty windy, which added to the fatigue
  • I found plenty of gasoline ... some long stretches with nothing, but gas was available
  • My bike loves to go 65 or so miles per hour. It's capable of "a ton," but I don't like to push it that hard.
  • That loop is pretty in its own way, but the scenery doesn't change much the whole 300 miles, so I doubt I'll do that run again
That's all ... just some thoughts ...

No comments: