Wednesday, June 14, 2006

No more contradictions

I see no problem with the apparent contradictions in The Bible or Science. Jesus can bear "false" witness on himself as a man but "true" witness on Himself as God (or was it the other way around?) and light can be a wave and a particle at the same time. After all, "If A then not necessarily A" is one of my mantras along with "Treat others as you wish to be treated" (I fail miserably at the latter when I am in physical pain btw - to remain calm in agony is one of the things I am here to learn, but yet to, I am sure).

+++

Football - soccer - nationalism? It's weird. Living on the internet as I do I sometimes forget that there are countries with borders (artificial borders that cannot be seen from space of course) and that it's somehow important to a vast number of human individuals dwelling within these artificial borders to "beat" another set of similar folk living in another country. Sport in general is a good thing, and I guess competitive sport is keyed off of how we got here, through survival of the fittest.

To have "high" emotional states (wins) you must have lows (losses) otherwise how do you distinguish between all-highs or all-lows (or all-middles?)

England will win of course.

No comments: