Thursday, June 08, 2006

God is above all religions

God clearly showed me this again at about 21.15 in the car park of my local Tesco supermarket last night.

I saw my local Vicar (priest/pastor) and his wife leaving the supermarket as I arrived. Something caused me to just sit in my car and watch them, they did not see me. The Vicar went and put the shopping into the trunk of the family car and his wife, surprisingly, started wandering around the car park, seemingly aimlessly. My curiosity was piqued and I watched her. She went to empty trolleys picking out shopping receipts, she went into corners picking up grocery receipts off of the floor. Meanwhile hubby (the Vicar) was doing laps of the car park waiting for her to give him the nod to stop, at which point she got into the car clutching her sheaf and off they drove.

The scene greatly saddened me for a number of reasons, but I was glad to have seen it. This particular Vicar is one of the very strong angry shouters from the pulpit - where he fixates the hopeless sinners in his congregation with a righteous stare.

We're all sinners aren't we, perhaps THAT is why we shouldn't judge.

No comments: