Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Patent on God?

I suspect our friend JAligner to be involved somewhere:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1013_051013_gene_patent.html

I'm travelling to sunny Poughkeepsie so may be out of pocket for a while, I'm not staying at the Courtyard which has the wireless but at some hotel in Fishkill (not the RI) - we shall see.

I'll drop my daughter off with her mother in two hours or so and then hit Heathrow for the 4pm Virgin flight to Newark. I need to find a good book.

I'm not sure why some folks feel that some part of them (the soul) has been around for aeons. Maybe it's some instinctual awareness of the vanishly small odds to be conscious and considering the origin of one's soul within a few years of the creation date of ones soul? Wow what a coincidence when one could have been pondering on this - say 3 or 4 trillion years in.

Remember the "pi" analogy? It's so amazing that all our discussion so far has taken place to the left of the decimal point. Highly highly unlikely, unless there almost as many digits to the left of the decimal point (the analogy being that the soul has been around for ages).

Take care buddy.

No comments: