Friday, October 28, 2005

God is on top of it all part deux

Yes it goes without saying that everything is below the creator, all of science etc. And I agree that those Christians I have met who have some understanding of the scale of the Universe have been through the "Wow, why would He be interested in me?" moment. And indeed it's pretty amazing that He would be.

My view of science is that I am using it to try to work out the mechanism that God used to create the Universe, and the nature of the "reality" that He created for me. Why do I find this interesting? Maybe it's one of:

a) Satan is influencing me to dare to do such a thing
b) I like solving puzzles

or

c) Something else completely

The hidden variable thing may well be the answer. If so, God is playing dice, but the dice are loaded so both Einstein and Bohr were correct. If that is the case then it is kind of funny as their "superposition of states" was predicted by quantum mechanics anyway, so they should have intuited that they were both right !

Either

a) "Little bits of things" are particles and not waves
b) "Little bits of things" are waves and not particles
c) "Little bits of things" are waves and particles at the same time

or

c) "Little bits of things" are something else

Measurements shows that "little bits of things" are really "waves and particles" at the same time. Duality. What could be more illustrative of two seemingly opposite things being true at the same time? Hmm, maybe "little bits of things" are vibrating little strings? The string being like a particle and the wave being in place on the little string?

No comments: