Saturday, October 22, 2005

Absolute spacetime

The book I am reading ("The Fabric of the cosmos" - by Brian Greene) says that according to Einstein there is a scientific absolute truth. It's something called absolute spacetime. It is the same for all observers.

In normal 3D space two observers can measure an event differently, so to one observer runner A wins a race ahead of runner B, but to the other observer runner A and runner B tie (in the same race!) and both measurements are equally valid. This is a consequence of the Special Theory of Relativity and has been experimentally verified by setting clocks in motion through space and seeing them run slow compared to clocks that are "stationary" with respect to the clocks in motion.

So I am wondering if I have found the scientific absolute truth that I am looking for? I already said

Truth is relative to God

But now I am wondering if I can add

Truth is relative to absolute spacetime ?

No comments: