Friday, October 28, 2005

Lunch

Perhaps that is why the Lord created this physical world with such deep mysteries, such as "bits" that appear as both waves and particles.

Maybe, maybe. But remember that God created the structure of our brain also, he could have created us in such a way that we didn't have a desire to solve puzzles I suppose.

So the greyhound is programmed to run for it's lunch (it must have been such a disappointment when it caught something with the nutritional content of a mechanical hare!) - but what are we humans "running" for? How does solving a puzzle help us with our survival? I guess I could think of some scenarios where it would, hmm .... for example:

How do I kill this creature that is faster and stronger than myself? So that a) it doesn't eat me, and b) I can eat it?

How can I stay warm when it is cold? Let's try rubbing these old dry sticks together and see what happens ...

No comments: