Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Trading Places

Did you ever see the movie with Eddie Murphy, Dan Akroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis? I believe one of the central plot lines of that movie was the "nature vs. nurture" issue. The two rich brothers placed a $1 bet that on-the-street bum Eddie Murphy could, in fact, be transformed through environment and not need to rely entirely on breeding.

I believe there are certain things are genetically controlled. For instance, I doubt I would ever be able to become a person generally disposed to a sunny outlook on things. I can force that outlook for short periods of time, usually as a show, but inside my view of things is almost always rather bleak. I envy those who have the sunnier outlook ... it must be much easier! :-)

* * *
I am in pre-flight nervousness on my way to China. I'm only going for less than a week, yet I have myself worked up into a lather thinking it's for longer and I need to plan for every known provision. I am the silliest traveler of all time.

* * *
How was LegoLand? What else have you done?

No comments: