Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Intentionality :-)

You wrote:

8 years ago now I had to work very hard -- intentionally and deliberately -- to keep the marriage afloat. I'm thankful I did. It taught me the value of intentionality

Interesting, may I ask why you are glad that you did? Maybe God intended something else for you but you used your will to thwart his plans? The point I am making is along the lines of the best made plans of man go astray -- perhaps we should not try to bend something to our will? Who knows, perhaps you and/or the Mrs would have met someone else (or not) and have been even happier? Isn't intent potentially a doubled-edged sword?

Hmm interesting. Maybe this is another one of my hang-ups with organized religion, it's too intentional for my tastes, it's a good job that God is above all religions :-)

PS. In my previous post I was referring to the over-use of humour in presentations an indication that the presenter is looking for approval ("I don't know my stuff so I'll crack some jokes") - not related to your good self of course, who does know his stuff deeply.

No comments: