Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Intentionally Intent

You wrote:
Hmm interesting. Maybe this is another one of my hang-ups with organized religion, it's too intentional for my tastes, it's a good job that God is above all religions :-)
You've had a pretty bad experience with "organized religion," haven't you? I can't say I blame you ... I've not been all that impressed myself.

Frankly, I've come to dislike the term "religion," and I don't use it in reference to myself. "Religion" to me means ritual and ceremony. There's nothing inherently wrong with ceremony ... but it's just way too easy to allow a supporting actor like "ceremony" to take center stage.

That said, a completely unstructured faith is probably equally as difficult to navigate.

So what's the answer?

I haven't a clue.

No comments: