Monday, March 05, 2007

Resource Object Data Manager

Going off on your own, solitude, how much is enough before it becomes too much? Do you ever tire of your own company? I have a feeling I asked this before. It's this gnawing concern I have about myself I think, that one day I will completely seperate myself from humanity.

+++

Yes that's really my telescope and it does have a motor that counter matches the Earth's rotation so that I can keep whatever I am looking at in the field of view. In early 2003, after coming back from cancer, I decided to buy two things that I had always wanted, a decent telescope and a piano - and I am glad I did. I bit like you and the Goldwing :) I haven't taken any photographs with it, I don't even have the attachment for the camera - maybe I will get into that at some point. I am keen on astronomy, I did a Physics major degree with a minor in astronomy, my 3rd year final project was titled "The flattening of elliptical galaxies", I still have the original printed copy, written on an old computer called a "BBC Micro" in 1984.

Good on your brother, I was on some training in 2005 in Fishkill, there was a guy in the room from Australia, he had a run-off shed in Sydney with a bunch of telescopes in it. He was controlling them from his Thinkpad (running Linux) in the room in Fishkill - that was much more fun than listening to the lectures! He was from the Candle Corp. acquistion - we were getting images back from space - and you think I'm a wirehead geek :)

+++

Thanks for the invite brother, my intention is to come visit you at some point, one of more pleasant the things do to before you know what.

+++

So how does this US election work? Does the next President have to be a Democrat or can it be a Republican? Will Obama beat Hillary Rodham Clinton? Can the US really survive two Clintons at the helm? Isn't this just another shoe-in for Bill Clinton again? So he gets another crack at running the country? (Albeit this time behind the scenes/skirt).

+++

About boredom, and the tragic state of the human condition - so now you believe in the evolutionary ideas behind religions? :) It's all fairy tales?

No comments: