Friday, March 16, 2007

Give and take

Which then suggests that what should do is focus on what our self interests are.

Yes I think that's correct but only up to the point where we find ourselves impacting others in a way which we would not like done back to us. In actuality though, in life we cross the line sometimes, and at the other times we let ourselves be taken advantage of. As long as there is a balance we generally don't feel hard done by. This gets back to "nash equilibria" -- ie. to achieve an optimum solution all parties have to bend a little

she is going to a conference in Salt Lake City on how to host and conduct a proper "tea."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. On man :) Sorry. Can I come to tea? So the likelyhood of you coming to visit the UK now must have at least doubled! Good on yer missus. Let me know where you get to on The Wing this weekend.

in giving up my need to have my way all the time ... (snip) Yet I resist. Fiercely. Why?

Maybe you don't need to have your own way ALL of the time? Maybe you are just looking for a nash equilibrium but everyone else is taking advantage of you? Or maybe you are just a dictator! (I don't think so)

No comments: