Thursday, February 03, 2005

We're not natural worshippers - are we?

When discussing the nature of Heaven we got into questions about what we would be doing there ...

If time is not present in Heaven then how would we do anything? Worshipping, meeting family and friends, these experiences, any experiences only make sense with a timeline. Without the passage of time everything crunches up into a single event. Like when riding the crest of light wave.

Also, if we don't take a break from Worshipping God, how would we have time to meet family and friends? I suppose we could meet them whilst Worshipping God at the same time? In that case we could play chess and golf whilst worshipping too. If Heaven is perfect then it better well have chess and golf !!!

And on the subject of worship ... I don't think it's really in my nature to worship. Growing up through childhood my parents never had the problem of me worshipping anything. Especially a God .. there was no "Deep.thought stop worshipping and come down from your room!", or "Oh no, he's worshipping again". I was never sent to the headmaster for being a little Buddha, disrupting class by facing East six times a day, or claiming that I could heal the sick.

No my natural drivers were (and still are) to take things apart (to see how they work) -- and usually be unable to get them back together again.

I may find this continual worshipping a strain ... I imagine i'd enjoy a continual journey of taking the Universe apart instead, talking to our Creator to find out how (and why) he did it.

Current song: Red Hot Chilli Peppers: "Universally Speaking"

No comments: