Thursday, February 17, 2005

The opposite of sensible is just plain silly

I was nodding my head until I read:

"I fully understand the temptation to not believe the Gospel narrative. But I believe it's an conscious act of will to not believe it. Because a reasoned, thoughtful analysis of the facts that are on the table leads a sensible person to conclude that the events as portrayed are true."

Such a statement is fighting talk and will lead to wars.

It goes like this:

"Hey Mr. Jewish/Hindu/Muslim/Sikh person".

"Yeah?"

"You really want to believe in Christianity but you are forcing yourself not to, plus you are not sensible".

And now the six o'clock news. Today 100 Christians were lynched by a bunch of silly people.

I believe that there are better ways. I can only assume that you were joking.

I think that I would find a 2,500 mile journey across the United States (even in an 1995 Nissan) quite exciting.

Peace & happiness Brother.

Current song: "Dumb" -- Nirvana

No comments: