Friday, October 20, 2006

Yo! Grand Master D!

I think I've mentioned this before ... if you're interested in a good read -- mostly historical fact, but laced with creative license to form a "novel" -- find a used copy of Irving Stone's "The Origin." It chronicles Charles Darwin's life from teenager to death, including his travels on the HMS Beagle and the long formation of his theory on natural selection. I love the book ... it's one of my favorite Irving Stone books, and I've read a bunch of 'em.

* * *
I think your good self and the missus are a shining example to others of a couple who can recover the love after a bad patch :-)

Thanks, but hold your praise. I still carry a bucket of resentment from that ordeal. Shame on me.

* * *
Today I dropped my T60p from a height of 4 feet ... right onto a hard tile floor. A bit of cracked plastic in the rear, and the whole frame is warped a bit so that it doesn't quite sit level on my desk anymore. But it appears to still work. I ran chkdsk on it and it reported no bad sectors.

Dropping it like that sent me into a vortex of anger, humiliation and self-loathing I don't ever wish to repeat. The bile is right under the surface.

I hope the Lord forgives me my words and thoughts during that spell. :-(

No comments: