Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Amish ...

Perhaps you heard the news that a man in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania murdered five young Amish girls. The story behind the act is sketchy and lurid, and I'll let it pass without further comment. But I do wish to report the following, and I'll do it in bullet format:
  • Charles Carl Roberts IV murders five Amish children and injures several others
  • Charles Carl Roberts IV then kills himself
  • The Amish community, victims of this awful crime ... attended Roberts' funeral and grieved with the Roberts' widow
  • The Amish community has begun collecting money to assist Roberts' widow in this awful time for her
I find this display of true Christian faith, forgiveness and humility remarkable. I am at once impressed, envious and ashamed.

Bless them, those who forgive in the midst of such a tragedy.

No comments: