Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Classy Food

My father, being scottish, would assure you that the "Scotch Egg" is indeed of highland origin. I remember being fed them as a kid, I quite likeed them too. Nowadays they have got a "working class" reputation, ie. food for pubs and motorway cafes. Seafood and whelks also come to mind. Glad you liked them !

+++

It's school half term (semester) so I have the kids, I had Monday and Tuesday as vacation and we stayed in a hotel in Leicester (UK Midlands) where the girls enjoyed the swimming pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi - then visited a zoo in that area, Katherine's favourite were the monkeys.

I know she liked the monkeys the best, as I interviewed her for a podcast ! No audience other than ourselves, but a learning experience for her I think. She started out writing all the questions and answers down and then reading them out. Soon though, she realised that she sounded stilted doing this - so just answered questions naturally, and sounded much better. As a result I think that doing a podcast (aka "radio show") with your child and a microphone is a good "life skills" exercise - they learn to think under mild pressure, something that many of us are called to do now and then.

+++

An interesting site for a list of the top black market products:

http://www.havocscope.com/products.htm

+++

Minnesota. You're always on the move !

No comments: