Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Perils for Pedestrians

Have you ever seen a good flat screen with a true HDTV feed?

I've seen the screens but I'm not sure they were showing an HDTV feed at the time. I rarely watch TV, myabe twice a year, but I do watch DVDs - these days generally on a laptop, where the quality is very good indeed at 1600x1200 pixels (UXGA) but not quite HDTV, which is 1920x1080 at the 16:9 letterbox aspect ratio.

I've noticed that not watching TV, for 8 years now, has given me a little bit of a disconnect when talking to people, but it's one I cherish. I don't know "Lost" or "Pop Idol" from my elbow and so I hope that my responses to life are mine (or from DVDs or the internet :-) and not something that I absorbed from a TV.

Glad that you're cruising through the tough pitching down there, Mr. SOA.

No comments: