Monday, January 01, 2007

Reflecting on Milestones

I don't hold much faith in the significance of January 1st. It marks the start of a new year, but more often than not it does not mark any significant milestone. It does however offer an opportunity to look back across the unwinding of time and note milestones that occurred way in the past:
  • 2 years -- since we moved from Washington D.C. to Tucson, AZ
  • 7 years -- since my 40th birthday party, at which I consumed too much bourbon
  • 9 years -- since you and I met, way back in 1998
  • 10 years -- since I joined ATS
  • 13 years -- since I moved from Michigan to Washington D.C.
  • 15 years -- since I married my lovely bride
  • 18 years -- since I was divorced from my first wife
  • 18 years -- since I left Raleigh, NC to move back to Michigan
  • 23 years -- since I graduated from college, joined our employer and moved to Raleigh, NC from Michigan
  • 26 years -- since I got married for the first time
  • 30 years -- since I graduated from high school in Howell, Michigan
  • 38 years -- since my family moved from "the city" to "the country"
  • 47 years -- since I was born
Time marches on. I'm not at all sad about that. It's just life.

No comments: