Sunday, January 14, 2007

Anti-human mode?

First let me say that I concur with you 100% on your thoughts about the Beckham transfer to LA. It's the same as the Pele story. I would add that the UK public generally like "Posh & Becks" as Victoria and David Beckham are known as. It's understood that his physical powers are on the wane and on the whole I think people wish him luck.

And I agree that the US public will not take to soccer as they have done to football. Part of this is the human propensity to show a preference for things that are familiar.

+++

I will not accept one set of rules that applies to me, but does not apply to her. After that, pretty much everything boils down to the trivial.

Interesting here is that you are not asking to "get one up" on your spouse. Is this anti-human behavior as laid down by "survival of the fittest"? Sounds like all you want is equality?

+++

Question: why should where you are born have such an impact on your chances of being saved? It's ntot fair. Someone born in Rochester Minnesota is a lot more likely to be saved than someone born in downtown Baghdad. I have mentioned this before. Well, I guess the world just isn't fair. Either way, I am certainly glad that I was born in a place that afforded me at least a good chance of salvation :)

+++

You are right, I am such a mom! K had a sleepover (slumber party) at our house with a friend last night and spent this afternoon at same friends house. All arranged on the fly with no stress from either the other parents or myself. Something that was impossible in the days when K's mother was in the saddle. K gives me feedback, she tells me how much happier she is now. Thank You Lord and I pray please keep K happy.

I bought her some new school trousers (pants) this weekend. Goodness knows what K's mum does with all the money I send her. K was wearing hand-me-down trousers from her sister that were far too short for her and all shiny from being directly ironed. Everyone knows you need to put a cloth between the hot serface of the iron and the childs trousers! As I said - I am such a mom :)

No comments: