Sunday, January 07, 2007

Priorities

I like your diagram. It's basic and simple and what is needed. It's funny though, will acronyms like "SOA" or "ESB" still be used in 10 years time? Or will they go the way of SAA?

+++

Mrs Minnvers problem is interesting but the solution needs a diagram, one not evident in the Wikipedia :(

+++

We have a routine now yes. "New" things I have had to take care of are regular eating, bath and bed times, and good diet -- and ironing! (Of the school uniform).

My only concern is when the company we work for says "fly here to fix a critsit" and I won't have the flexibility to be able to do it. Maybe now is the time to move into management as I am getting further behind on technology anyway. The trouble is I have this belief that managers should be near their employees - is that true this days with people working remotely? How does your Mrs handle it?

+++

Human beings are so competitive (courtesy of natural selection?) and chess is such a sublime distraction that it doesn't surprise me that colleges are into it. Human chess is dead though, computer + human tournaments are the way forward. Not tournaments where people cheat using computers though. A young Indian player just got a 10 year ban for cheating - a colleague was passing the computers moves to him through a bluetooth device hidden in his hat.

No comments: