Monday, November 28, 2005

Now I'm worried !

I just "met" another one of my heroes, UK Chess Grandmaster James Plaskett.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Plaskett

I saw a person on the chess server under the name "Parsifal", he had a seek out for a "3 0 blitz" - which means you have to make all of your moves in 3 minutes, or else you run out of time. So I got my computer, account name "tribbles" to accept his challenge.

My computer kicked his butt.

But while playing I "fingered" Parsifal and saw that he was one of my heroes so told him so after the game. Then he went off at a tangent and asked me if I knew which of the following had not walked on the moon "Mitchell, Lovell, Irwin, Duke". I immediately responded "Lovell" as everyone knows that Lovell commanded Apollo 13 and that never made it to the moon.

He then said "you win £500,000".

What had happened is that he was on a UK show called "Who wants to be a millionaire?" on Monday. He walked on the above Lovell question. He blew all three of this lifelines on a previous question "What is St Crispin the patron Saint of?" (Turned out to be shoemakers).

So he is beating himself up about failures of NERVE (his capitalization). I told him that he would be dead soon so to enjoy life while he can. He's 250K richer so get out there and have some fun.

He said "cheers", I like to think that he appreciated my pep talk :-)

Man I don't even watch TV, so I miss out on these things! But apparently the show will not be broadcast until Jan 2006 so I have time.

Last time lots of good stuff happended to me I nearly died thus the title of this append.

No comments: