Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Arrogance

I read the article that you pointed me at, what an arrogant Christian. It's people like that that I certainly do not want to meet in Heaven. I guess this smug sureness on the part of anyone, be they religious or scientific or both is what I find truly abhorrent in the human race.

Now this perhaps is my problem with human interpretation of The Bible. I believe that The Bible says that one should be sure. This seems to get translated into smugness by many Christians.

Just my 2 cents !

There was a debate on Radio 4 about gay couples gaining some legal rights which I listened to in the car on the way home. It got me to thinking about the terms "wife" and "husband" and I was wondering whether in say 1000 years time, if we would still have those concepts?

Right now I am listening to something else - "In the footsteps of Jesus" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/radio4/int/-/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/footsteps_of_jesus

+++

Kurt is a deity of SF. In my opinion, good science fiction contains "good" guesses at what science may bring. Good (hard) SF doesn't go quite as far as the "science fantasy" genre. Which is ok too, but not my preferrance.

No comments: