Sunday, May 06, 2007

Shaken or stirred?

This time though, when asked about how he takes his martini, Daniel Craig's James Bond says "Do I look like I give a damn?" -- which is probably far more accurate a reply, but poor show !
I saw the movie just over a week ago, I very much enjoyed it - but in my opinion it wasn't really a James Bond movie, it was more like Mission Impossible 4.

For me, James Bond will always be Sean Connery in those early movies with Miss Moneypenny and Pussy Galore. In fact, my dad used to work in the same factory in Scotland as Sean, whose birth name is Tam (Tom) Connery. Old Tam used to French Polish coffins according to my dad!

I'm old fashioned I know, but I think even Pierce Brosnan was more, well, British - even though he's Irish. The old boy Eatonian/Oxbridge network of Bond is to me an enjoyable ingredient of the genre and I didn't get this from Criag at all, he's too "street wise"- but a great movie anyway.

I think the beautiful girl taking her own life near the end is one in the eye for the impetuesness of youth is it not? She looked like she might have changed her mind though right before she passed out/on?

+++

I'm sorry about your negative experiences in your formative years. What is done is done and they make you the person you are today. It's a shame, we parents are just animals after all, and often not well suited to the care and love of young ones. You're doing ok though pal, I mean you made a success of your life nontheless.
I don't know what Ellen will do, but I told her my door and house is open to her always, and that no matter what she decides she too will make her life a successful and happy one. So I'll see what she decides.

+++

K returned from school journey on Friday, I met her from the coach and she gave me such a big hug and she then started singing that song "Reunited and it feels so good ... " ! The poor thing didn't really get on too well, there were some tears, she didn't wash herself all week - well none of the girls did because of the see-through shower doors - apparently boys could have walked in. She conquered some fears though (or "punched out a few Biffs" in her Back To The Future parlance). So it was straight in the bath for a clean and hairwash and then out to see Spider-man 3 which we both loved. Anything Marvel Comics I love - there are more movies to come with Iron-Man, Thor and The Avengers, not to mention Hulk 2. The stories I loved as a kid are being told again, except this time on the big screen.

+++

I've been playing with Windows Vista Ultimate x64 on a new T60 2007 Widescreen I got from work, it's the only 64-bit Windows OS that has drivers for the disk and wireless, Win XP 64 does not have them unfortunately. I'm reasonably impressed I'm sorry to say! Still can't make a VPN though :( (Thus the Windows 32-bit running in a VM - the back window) Things will catch up no doubt, I'd say it's still very early days for Vista. It's pretty for sure, check out my desktop, some shades of OS/2 in the icons ... although not as pretty as Ubuntu Linux with Beryl.

Post post: VPN does work with Lotus Mobile Connect. Windows Vista x64 is a lot faster than Win XP 32 on my machine, so now I have a quandry, stick with Win XP 32 bit, not using the full capabilities of my h/w or switching to Vista full time? Decisions decisions :)

No comments: