Monday, May 14, 2007

Ghost Rider

I heard that Helen Mirren snubbed The Queen recently, she was invited for tea at The Palace but couldn't make it due to filming schedules. She's a very versatile actress, I recently saw her as the granny getting off with Cuba Gooding Jr in Shadowboxer, a stylish but pretty violent movie. I will catch The Queen at some point no doubt.

Question: Should wealth be hand-down-able to your offspring? It's all time-related because in one million years time I doubt anyone rich today will have any influence on anyone living then - through inheritance.

I think change for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing, especially where you can see that the change will make things less optimal than the status quo. However, when a change looks to be very promising (better than current) then it might be worth having a punt might it not?

+++

E coming to live with us is something she asked for and is gladly met on my part. I hope I can give her shelter. It's kind of circular that both girls were just taken away (aged 2 and aged 5) with no say in the matter whatsoever and have both come back on their own initiatives. It really is an advertisement for separated fathers to just hang in there. It does re-affirm my faith in the goodness of God too.

I'm thinking of converting my garage into a study, as I'll need to convert the study back into a bedroom to fit E in. Until then I'll be working in the lounge.

+++

I feel like a 50 watt bulb trying very hard to burn at 100 watts.

Very descriptive. But perhaps this is what drives you. People that do anything that others cannot do must be driven by something must they not?

+++

Children are learning machines

Another great phrase!

+++

I recall at my first really senior technical meeting that it felt like these people were far more my type than all the rule followers I had been dealing with up to that point. These people just seemed more relaxed and human. Not scared to say the wrong thing, or do the wrong thing. The lower echelons can be such robots don't you think?

+++

Have a great week off and a successful cottage opening sir.

No comments: