Monday, January 02, 2006

100 Things ...

I suspect #100 is one of those things that's technically a law, but one that's never enforced and few people know about. Like somewhere in the United States where it's illegal to walk a pet lobster on a leash. I have heard, however, that some music stores have banned the playing of the "Smoke on the Water" riff.

What is it about the British and sheds? Does every English home have a garden, and every garden a shed? I ask only because #81 reminded me of a Monty Python sketch where Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson was being interviewed. The focal point of the joke was that rather than being interviewed about his book, he was grilled about his "two sheds."

Whether I'm seeking a legacy, or just using this blog as an vehicle for expression, I don't know. There is a certain "anonymity" to blogging -- just enough to overcome inhibition. That's why I think e-mails are easier to write and send than hand-written letters. There's less intimacy to an e-mail.

I get almost no phone calls anymore on my work phone. Virtually all communication is done via e-mail and instant message. I wonder how common this is? Are you aware of any study done that has shown that work phone usage has dropped considerably since the adoption of e-mail and instant messaging?

No comments: