Thursday, June 09, 2005

In the name of God

But as the assertion becomes more specific ("God is 5'9" tall and has a pet schnauzer named 'Max'") then the probability of none being correct elevates

Lol! Or that God has a name, for example "YHWH". I agree :-)

The same holds for scientific theory, does it not? All the theories about the origins of the universe may be wrong.

Almost definitely are wrong. I would assert that the real "truth" of the matter cannot be found out by the software running in the ram. The software will see what you (the thing outside the Universe) tells it is there.

I fear is two aspects of death: what happens on the way to death (suffering)

Yes me too, and the suffering of those that love you.

, and what happens after death.

After death you might just go back into the state you were in before birth, you have no complaints about a rainy tuesday in the pre-Cambrian period about 500,000,000 years ago do you? (Maybe I assume too much!)

The prospect of being held accountable for all my thoughts, deeds and actions is what I fear.

Then you fear the Christian religion my friend. Become a Buddhist and you won't have this fear any longer!

Current song: "My Death" -- David Bowie (originally a Jacques Brel song)

My death waits like an old roué
So confident I will go his way
Whistle to him
And the passing time
My death waits like a Bible truth

.. Jolly old number !!

No comments: