Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

You wrote:

I think the general view on altruism is that it's a admirable thing ... but is that good, bad or neutral?

I'm at a loss to answer this. It should be a good thing, but I know too well that what I think is a good thing another person will think is a bad thing.

I agree that it should be Fellows of The Royal Society. Tsk Tsk.

Interesting article on cancer, I may need that information one day!

On the wonders of the human body, I know that you personally do not subscribe to natural selection/evolution, but do you think that (given the environmental conditions on Earth since its inception) collections of cells becoming more complex (eg. sludge to humans) is just as likely as collections of cells becoming less complicated (eg. humans to sludge)?

(Regardless of them both being incorrect or not!)

Current song: "How many lies?" -- Spandau Ballet

PS. No idea on the mitre! A chippy once told me "measure twice and cut once". Dunno if that helps.

No comments: