Thursday, February 22, 2007

Freddie

I'll happily concede the game, set and match to Freddie Mercury and vocalist. He was incredible.

Other "big voice" male vocalists that come to mind, that I hadn't thought of:
  • Bono
  • Steven Tyler
They're not in the same league as Freddie in terms of ability, but their voices are certainly big enough to compete with the thundering instruments.

I also forgot to add Edge to my rhythm guitarists. I like his style -- pure minimalists.

You are far more into the music scene than am I. I'm sorry to report I don't know who some of your picks are.

* * *
There's a song that Frank Sinatra did with Sammy Davis Jr. called "Me and My Shadow." They do a kind of back-and-forth duet. You'd think with a voice like Sinatra's that anyone else would pale in comparison. But by comparison, Sinatra's voice is pale and weak next to Davis. Sammy had a wonderfully rich and deep voice.

No comments: