Friday, December 29, 2006

Onward Christian Soldiers

they seem to rely on angry and bitter confrontation as the basis for their humor

Yes this seems to be how the youth of today interact with eachother. I think it's due to being over-privileged. Mere survival, having enough food, is no longer the primary concern for us, so our human nature which is geared towards survival has to find another outlet. So we compete with eachother in sports and insults. I guess any people moving through the survival chain to "something else" will go through this difficult time we find ourselves in, I just hope we get through it.

any behavior is okay; there is no morality or objective standard by which to measure a person's conduct

There is really no need for an objective standard. All that is needed is for humans to treat others as they wish to be treated. Jesus knew this when he gave #2 of His New Covenant. Even though I suspect it was actually #1 of His New Covenant. I don't think Jesus was wrong, I think was reported wrong though.

Sorry the movies were rubbish anyway! Now I have to go as Katherine is not going to sleep, and she wanted to call this post "whack your head with a tube" ! I will reply to your other post soon!

No comments: