Monday, December 18, 2006

Katherine's Reply

This is how she responded ..

Hi Katherine! I hope that you're all moved in and settled.

Yeah!

I'm happy you were able to move in with your father. I know he's happy you moved in with him.

Yes he very is happy very very.

I'm writing you from the city of Tucson, which is in the state of Arizona in the United States:

Cool !

Tucson is where the red dot is with the arrow pointing at it.

He he - he drawed a little arrow. (That's "drew" Katherine)

Noooooooooo

(She laughs :)

Here's a map of Arizona showing Tucson better:

Betttteeeerrrrrrrrr

You can see that Los Angeles, home to "Hollywood," is just a bit to the west of me.

Hollywood ! Simpsons !

Arizona is the state where the "Grand Canyon" is located. The southern part of the state, where Tucson is located, is mostly desert. More specifically, it is the "Sonoran Desert."

Booorrrrriiiinnnnngggggggg (she is scared of saying this!)

I used to think that "the desert" was just sand dunes and no life,

Me too! I still think that.

but in truth the desert is full of life.

Huh?

It is really quite green here, but not with grass and trees like you have there in England,

We don't have many trees in England but daddy says we have millions

but with cactus and a tree called a mesquite. The most famous kind of cactus is called a Saguaro," and it looks like this:

Hehehehe

Here's a closeup picture of the needles on a Saguaro cactus:

Kewlllll

But that's not the only kind of cactus here. There's also something called a "Barrel Cactus," and it looks like this:

It's really cool!

Here's a picture of me at the top of a local mountain that my wife and I hiked. The top of the mountain is about 700 feet above the city of Tucson, which you can see in the background:

I once hiked six miles and my feet broke off.

Maybe one day you and your father could come visit! Say "Hi!" to your father for me. What do you call your father? "Father?" "Dad?" "Daddy?"

DADDY !!

Take care, Katherine. May God continue to bless you.

Mah.

No comments: