Wednesday, November 15, 2006

An Odd Day

I gotta get me one of those pressure cooker thingymagigs then, so how much pressure (PSI) is the fish under when cooking then? Obvious not enough to crush it .. or is the device really just a steamer?

+++

Good news on the kidney front, I drove to a hospital in Oxford and got the results of my urine and blood tests today, they found no signs of calcium or protein and the doctor said that although the kidney is providing borderline function it is doing ok, just keep a watch out for any loin pains, drink lots of water and stay off of "star fruit". Apparently "star fruit" -- and especially the continued eating of it -- does no end of damage to kidneys!

+++

Then I picked my daughter up from school, as I do on every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays now. Ellen came over and they played. Dropped them back off with their mother at 7pm.

Then I get a call from Katherine in floods of tears ... "Mummy is moving house far away and I have to go to a new school". Turns out that Alice wants to move to a village about 40 minutes drive north of the village where both she and I live now -- and guess what -- it's very close to her new job in a bookshop. So both girls in tears, cannot believe how selfish their mother is. Katherine said "Mummy promised she wouldn't move me out of this school, she broke her promise again". It was the "again" that got me for there have been many times her mother has gone back on her word with the children.

I offered to drive Katherine to school everyday but Alice said no .. at this moment Katherine is adamant that she is coming to live with me! That would obviously change my lifestyle/work etc but if that is what it takes to give Katherine some stability then that is what I will do, what could be more important than that? Please God let me stay alive and healthy for another 10 years to bring my daughter up.

+++

Many thanks for your help today with Le Francais, it's much appreciated, as always.

No comments: